Terms & Conditions
By pre-registering I agree to the following ("Agreement"):
With regards to my participation in any or all of the Moray Way Ultras events ('the Event' or 'Race'), I agree to this waiver and release. I understand, acknowledge and agree that:-
- I am at least 18 years of age on Race day and have read, understood and agree to all the rules, terms & conditions managed by the Moray Way Ultras team.
- I confirm that I will not attend the Event if I (or someone I live with) have not been unwell 14 days prior to the Race with any of the following symptoms: A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss of, or change to, my sense of smell or taste. If I (or someone I live with) have demonstrated any of the above symptoms, I will follow NHS and Government Guidance on self-isolation and not attend the Event.
- To ensure safety of marshals & medical staff during the COVID-19 pandemic, I confirm that:-
- I have to self-resolve most first aid issues, with telephone advice from Race medic wherever required. I understand that contact is only permitted when life is thought to be at risk.
- I understand marshals do not participate in contact first aid unless trained to work in PPE and appropriately equipped.
- I understand that CPR is chest compressions only, no rescue breaths to be undertaken.
- The nature of the Races includes running on trails / roads / mountainous / varied terrain and as such are liable to changing and severe weather conditions (rain, snow, hail, sunshine, low cloud, mist, high winds).
- Participation in such an event carries with it certain inherent risks and dangers that cannot be completely eliminated, ranging from risk of minor injuries to catastrophic injuries including permanent disability and death.
- I assume full and complete risk and responsibility for any injury or accident that may occur during the Event, while travelling to or from the Event, or while on the premises of the Event.
- The compulsory equipment stipulated in the Race rules is necessary for my own safety during the Races. I agree to carry all the stipulated compulsory equipment with me throughout the duration of the Race and understand that failure to do so will result in disqualification from the Race.
- I follow the route through all checkpoints/aid stations in the order given and understand that taking any short-cuts between checkpoints will result in disqualification. Any withdrawal due to disqualification will not entitle me to a refund.
- I am medically able to participate in such a Race, have trained sufficiently for such an event and am physically fit in order to compete safely and look after myself on the trail. Any medical condition I may have has been declared to the Event organisers and I have no medical condition that would make my participation more hazardous.
- I consent to medical care and transportation in order to obtain treatment in the event of injury and understand that this Agreement and Waiver extends to any liability arising out of, or in any way connected with, the medical treatment and transportation provided in the event of an emergency and/or injury.
- The organiser, checkpoint staff, Race marshals or medical officer reserves the right to stop me from participation due to serious injury or illness. Should I wish to retire from the Race, I must inform a Race official immediately (at a checkpoint or by calling the HQ/Emergency number). Any withdrawal on medical grounds will not entitle me to a refund.
- I observe and obey all rules and warnings, to follow any instructions or directions provided to me by the Event team and to abide by any decision of any Race official related to my ability to safely participate in the Race without complaint or recompense.
- Participation in any or all of the Moray Way Ultras is a potentially dangerous activity and I am fully aware of the risks involved. I accept all responsibilities associated with competing in this event, including but not limited to, risks of injury, permanent injury, loss and death due to falls, obstacles, contact with other participants or animals, acts or omissions of other participants; effects of the weather (including but not limited to hyperthermia, cold, hypoglycaemia, dehydration, sunburn, sunstroke, heatstroke, cramp, rain, snow, ice, high winds), traffic and the condition of any road, track or trail.
- Neither the Event organiser nor anyone working for the Race is responsible for any personal item or property that is lost, damaged or stolen during the Event.
- I grant permission for the Race organisers to use any and all images or film (video/moving content) of me captured during the Race and allow these images to be used in marketing materials including but not limited to online, print and broadcast media.
- The event organiser of the Moray Way Ultras reserves the right to cancel or amend the event in the event of COVID-19, weather (including, but not limited to, snow, heat, tornadoes, earthquakes, fires, storms, lightning and floods), accidents, acts of war or terrorism, military conflicts or riots or for any reason that would affect the safety and security of Race participants and spectators. In the event of such cancellation, there will be options to defer and no refund of your payment other than the current events of COVID-19.
- I am entitled to withdraw my application to participate provided the Event organiser receives written notice of cancellation within fourteen (14) days of payment of entry fee, provided I email the Event organiser within this time to get a refund, minus the booking fee. The event organiser reserves the right to retain £5.00 from my refund as a contribution to administrative costs.
- Entries are transferable to another Moray Way Ultras event in the current year (not future years), however are non-transferable to a different participant.
- The event organiser reserves the right to alter the start time of the Event. In the event of a change of start time I will be notified of the revised start time with as much notice as reasonably practicable. No refund in full or in part shall be made for any change in start time for the Event provided the Event takes place on the specified date of the Event.
- The Event organiser reserves the right to change the Event date. In the event of such change of Event date, I will be notified of the revised date with as much notice as reasonably practicable in the circumstances. I will be permitted to take part in any re-scheduled Moray Way Ultras event in the current year, but will otherwise not be entitled to any refund, in whole or in part, of the entry fee. If the date of the Event is changed the Event Organiser shall have no liability (including any travel or accommodation costs) whatsoever arising from such change of format.
- The Event organiser reserves the right to amend the Event format, route or distance in their sole discretion or cancel the Event due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control or for any safety related reason.
- In the event of the Event being cancelled, the Event organiser will notify me of the cancellation as soon as reasonably practicable in the circumstances, including written notice by email. The Event organiser may (at its sole discretion) reschedule the Event at a later date either at the same venue or at an alternative venue. I will have the right to take part in the re-staged Event, but will otherwise not receive any refund of the entry fee. If I am unable to take part in the re-staged Event, there will be no entitlement to a refund of the entry fee.
- In the event of cancellation of the Event we will have no liability nor responsibility for any costs (including any travel or accommodation costs) whatsoever incurred as a result of cancellation.
- I agree to release the Moray Way Ultras and its officials, representatives, affiliates, sponsors and volunteers from any and all liability, claims, demands, negligence, actions, and causes of actions whatsoever for any loss, claim, damage, injury, illness, legal fees or action arising out of my participation in any or all of the Moray Way Ultras. This release extends to any claim made by my family, estate, heirs, or assigns arising from or in any way connected with the aforementioned activities.
Enter your text here...